Are you looking to hire some help for your expanding small business operations, but not quite sure where to start? This HR & Recruitment Masterclass will walk you through the basics of recruitment and HR management to ensure you understand your obligations to employees and the requirements for recruiting and managing new staff.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
We are currently accepting waitlist registrations for this course. Please see below to view full course details and to join the waitlist.
The Recruitment Essentials masterclass is an introductory course for small business owners looking to gain skills and knowledge in HR & recruitment - things that are necessary for expanding your team and business operations!
As part of this workshop, you will gain an understanding of:
- What is Human Resources?
- The Employee Lifecycle
- HR & Recruitment Strategy
- Candidate Attraction
- Recruitment Processes (including legislation, marketing, job descriptions, and checks/assessments)
- Onboarding & Induction of New Employees
- Learning & Development
- Progression & Performance
- Employee Exits
The Targeted Skills for Small Business program is a NSW Government initiative, established to deliver training for small business owners and employees of small businesses who want to better understand how to use the latest technology and gain up-to-date knowledge to improve their business operations.
Our Small Business Accelerator courses are subsidised by the NSW Government for eligible participants. You may be eligible for fully subsidised training under the Targeted Skills for Small Business program if you are:
- 15 years old or over
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW (or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person living in specific NSW border areas); and
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, New Zealand citizen, or humanitarian visa holder (or a partner visa holder whose sponsor is a humanitarian visa holder)
To be eligible for subsided training under this Program you must:
- be an owner or employee of a small business with less than 20 employees; or
- turn over less than $2 million annually
- Course dates will be listed here when scheduled. Please see below to join the waitlist for future courses.
This workshop will be delivered online via Zoom.
What you will need:
- Internet connectivity
Meet Your Mentor
Sharni Campbell is the Founder and Director of SC People. SC People specialises in blending their unique knowledge in both recruitment, HR, organisational psychology and business strategy to support sustainable and strategic growth amongst their clients organisations. Specialising in the recruitment within the real estate, property and financial services sectors, SC People aim to provide a ‘more than recruitment’ service by building close, trusting relationships with both their clients and candidates.
As a Co-Founder and board member of the Hunter Diversity & Inclusion Collective, Sharni is a passionate advocate for the incorporation of best practice recruitment methodologies, partnered with new innovations in the recruitment process to create more diverse and inclusive organisations within the Hunter community. Join Sharni to gain the foundation skills and knowledge in HR and Recruitment from an experienced industry professional.
Gain an understanding of HR & Recruitment processes with this introductory masterclass - join the waitlist now!