Ready, Set, Go Community Services Taster
Do you want to learn more about community services and prepare yourself for future work in the industry? This course is designed for students to test out a career path in community services, with the opportunity to progress into further training with Trilogy Disability Services and a traineeship pathway in Individual Support.
This training is funded by the NSW Government. Eligibility criteria applies.
As part of this course, students will achieve the following learning outcomes:
Understand what disability means and identify the types of disabilities
Explore personal safety and wellbeing
Students will also complete the following non-accredited units of competency:
Intro to Community Services facilitated by Trilogy
Plan and prepare meals, create a budget and shop for food
Assist to prepare and cook meals (delivered on site at Ourimbah campus supporting students with a disability in class)
Perform household chores for clients including sweeping, vacuuming, sanitising bathrooms and kitchens (simulated at Ourimbah campus or at a dedicated cabin at Safe Haven)
- Prepare for employment - apply for Working with Children Check, Police Check, and complete the NDIS Orientation module.
Students will also complete the following accredited unit of competency:
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this training:
- Completed Year 10 or equivalent
- 17 years of age or older
- Hold a driver's licence, or be willing to obtain prior to employment with Trilogy
This training is subsidised for eligible students by the NSW Government under the ACE program. Eligibility criteria has been expanded until June 2023, allowing more people to access training opportunities with the College!
Check your eligibility via our ACE Eligibility page, or contact us on 02 4348 4300 to chat with our Student Services team.
Training for this course will be delivered through a combination of classroom-based, online, and practical learning.
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, 9am-2pm over 2 weeks.
- Training delivered at our Ourimbah Campus
- Intake 1: 1st May - 10th May
- Intake 2: 15th May - 24th May
- Intake 3: 25th May - 7th June
- Intake 4: 15th June - 28th June
Teacher support will be provided for all study components.
Students will require access to a computer and internet connectivity.
Further study options:
- Certificate III in Individual Support
Students have the potential opportunity to progress into:
- a paid placement in the Trilogy Pre-Employment Program
- an Individual Support traineeship
- future employment in a Disability Support or Care Worker role
Take the next step toward your future career in community services and individual support - enrol now!