The Central Coast Community College has been closely monitoring announcements from government and health authorities regarding the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure we do the right thing by our staff, students, clients and community members. As a listed COVID Safe business, and with the continued presence of COVID-19 in NSW we would like to reiterate the College’s commitment to our COVID protocols.
If you will be attending training at that College or you will be visiting one of our campuses, we ask that you please carefully read and adhere to the summary of our COVID protocols below.
All students or visitors
- If you have been to a listed ‘hot spot’ you cannot attend any College campus or offsite training delivery.
- If you are experiencing cold and/or flu symptoms, you cannot visit any College campus or attend offsite training delivery – please ensure you contact the student services team or your trainer to discuss when you are able to attend. If you are a student, you will be required to be COVID tested and provide the Admin team with a copy of your negative test result before you can return to face-to-face training delivery. It should be noted that if you return a negative COVID test, but you are still actively unwell then you should stay home.
Learning at a College campus or at another training venue
- You must sign in using the QR code provided and may also need to be temperature tested by your trainer prior to classroom entry.
- You are required to utilise hand sanitiser regularly and practice good hygiene by regularly washing your hands with soap and water.
- Each site has signage indicating maximum occupancy of a space, this must be adhered to at all times.
- Adhere to any markings in classrooms and/or offices indicating one way foot traffic.
- It is not mandatory for you to wear masks, but it is highly recommended when you are unable to physically distance. Trainers / College staff may request that you wear a mask at any time.
- If you are at greater risk of more serious illness due to a chronic condition or a weakened immune system, we encourage you to wear a face mask at your discretion.
Stay safe and remember, if you are ill or experiencing any flu like symptoms, please do not go to your GP. Your first point of contact should be the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you have any questions or concerns please speak with our Student Services Team by contacting 02 4348 4300, alternatively you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out the latest Hot-spot locations and restrictions in place for your area, please visit the link below.