Want to learn how to make delicious coffee and expand your skills in the hospitality industry? This accredited course allows students who experience barriers to training to obtain their barista ticket and learn professional techniques to make you cafe-work ready!
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Eligibility criteria applies.
As part of this course, students will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Overview of coffee history
- Blends and single origin
- Coffee extraction
- Coffee dosage
- Stretching milk
- Adjusting grind
- Common coffees found in Australian cafes
- Clean and maintain the coffee machine
- Basic coffee art
- Food hygiene practices
Students will complete the following accredited units of competency:
- SITHFAB025 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITXFSA005 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
Students will also complete the following non-accredited units of competency:
- CSO102023 - Employment Etiquette
- CSO202002 - Cafe skills
This training is fully subsidised for eligible students by the NSW Government under the ACE program.
Check your eligibility via our ACE Eligibility page, or contact us on 02 4348 4300 to chat with our Student Services team.
Students who meet the eligibility criteria for ACE funded training will not be required to pay any course fees. Please see above funding eligibility for more information.
For students who are not eligible for funded training per the eligibility criteria, the cost to undertake this course is $195.
This course will be delivered across two days. Students are required to attend both days to complete both units of competency for this course.
This course is available at our Gateshead and Ourimbah campuses.
- Dates will be listed here when courses are scheduled.
- Business Growth Centre - 48 Oakdale Road, Gateshead NSW 2290
- Tuesday 5th & Wednesday 6th March
- University of Newcastle Campus - South Loop Road, Ourimbah NSW 2258
Students are required to wear enclosed shoes. All other course resources will be provided.
Further study options:
- Certificate III in Hospitality
- Certificate IV in Hospitality
- Cafe worker
Upgrade your skillset - enrol now!