Multi-Trade Taster Workshop
Are you passionate about starting a career in the Engineering trade? Our Multi-Trade Taster Workshop is designed to give you foundation skills and experience to prepare you for further training and work in the Engineering field!
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Eligibility criteria applies.
We are currently accepting waitlist registrations for this course. Please see below to view full course details and to join the waitlist.
Through a combination of theory coursework and practical training, students will gain:
- Knowledge of work, health and safety in fitting and fabrication
- Practical skills through workshop experience
Students will complete the following units of competency:
- CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- MEM18001 - Use hand tools
- MEM16006 - Organise and communicate information
- MEM13015 - Work safely and effectively in manufacturing and engineering
- MEM11011 - Undertake manual handling
This course is designed for those looking to enter a career in the Engineering trades. To be eligible for this training, students must have:
- successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent)
- turned 16; or
- relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate likely success in completing the course
Students are NOT eligible to enrol in this course if they:
- are currently enrolled in high school
- are currently undertaking higher education (including Certificate II, III, IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelors Degree or higher
You can confirm your eligibility for Smart and Skilled training via the eligibility checker.
This training is fully subsidised for eligible students by the NSW Government under the ACE program.
Check your eligibility via our ACE Eligibility page, or contact us on 02 4348 4300 to chat with our Student Services team.
Training for this course will be delivered face to face, with courses available at our Ourimbah, Gateshead, and Rutherford campuses.
Information regarding course dates will be communicated to students who waitlist once a course is scheduled.
Students are required to wear appropriate PPE when attending training, including long pants & a long-sleeve shirt, as well as steel capped work boots.
Students who graduate from this course may consider employment and further training as an apprentice in one of the following fields;
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade
Students wishing to undertake this course may consider the following work roles:
- Mechanical Fitter
- Mechanical Fabricator (Boilermaker)
Take the next step and gain the foundation skills you need to launch your trade career. Join the waitlist for this course at our Gateshead, Rutherford, or Ourimbah campus below!