Tech Savvy Seniors
Tech Savvy Seniors: Introduction to computers, smart phones & tablets for beginners
It’s never too late to brush up on your online skills or learn new ways to stay connected with your loved ones. Central Coast Community College, in partnership with the NSW government and Telstra, offer the FREE Tech Savvy Seniors program to older Australians on the NSW Central Coast who are:
- Australian citizens/permanent residents
- Aged 60+
Tech Savvy Seniors delivers government-funded digital literacy training to seniors so they can develop the skills and confidence to access information and services online. The program provides training in computers, tablets and smart phones to help seniors to stay connected with their families, friends and communities.
These courses will allow you to benefit from being online and connected no matter your age, level of experience or where you live! Tech Savvy Seniors gives older people the opportunity to develop the skills and confidence to use technology for socialising, accessing important services or conducting personal business.
We offer a short and friendly course that will open the doors to the digital world. This hands-on workshop is designed to assist you with 'everyday online tasks such as social media communication and online safety awareness. These workshops are supported by the Department of Family and Community Services, State Training Services, and the Department of Education and Communities.
- Introduction to Computers;
- Introduction to Tablets: Android;
- Introduction to Tablets: iPhone;
- Introduction to Smart Phones.
What to bring
- Notepad and pen
- Details of passwords for your devices, email address and other login passwords, etc
- A list of any specific questions you may have
- You are welcome to bring your own laptop, tablet, and smartphone to use. You can connect to the internet through the College Wi-Fi. If you don’t know-how, we will show you!
This course will enable you to:
- Identify the main parts of a computer;
- Plug one in and turn it on;
- Be able to launch an application;
- Be able to create and save a simple document;
- Be able to launch and use a web browser;
- Be able to identify a Tablet device;
- Be able to understand the difference between operating systems;
- Be able to identify a Smart Phone and understand its uses and limitations;
- Be able to understand Cloud computing and synchronizing your device