Student Funding Opportunities
Smart and Skilled
This is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training system. It’s helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers! Under Smart and Skilled the NSW Government contributes to the cost of each course with the student paying the balance. You may be eligible for Smart and Skilled Funding if you are:
- 15 years old or over, and
- no longer at school, and
- living or working in NSW (or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person living in specific NSW border areas), and
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
For more on the Program visit the Smart and Skilled website.
Undertaking training can help rebuild someone’s life and get them back into the workforce. People who are experiencing or have experienced domestic and family violence and/or their dependant(s) may be eligible for free training that is funded by the NSW government under the Smart and Skilled initiative. Contact us on 02 4348 4300 to find out more.
The ACE Program is funded by the NSW Government to assist learners who need extra support or assistance with their education. To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
A disadvantaged student who is one of the following:
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
- Have a disability or be a dependent child, spouse or partner of a person with a disability; or
- Be a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient; or
- Be experiencing signiﬁcant hardship as veriﬁed by a government agency, medical professional or support agency
Be experiencing one of the following barriers to participation in training:
- Very low literacy, language and/or numeracy skills
- Limited employability skills
- Persistent and ongoing personal issues impacting on your education
- Signiﬁcant educational disadvantage, which impacts your ability to succeed in training
At the time of enrolment you will be asked to provide ID, Medicare number, USI, proof of Benefit and CRN (where applicable). Please note that you can be asked to provide evidence to support your eligibility at any time.
If you are NOT a disadvantaged student, but you live or work in a Regional or Remote location:
- A Regional or Remote Location is any location that is not classified as “Major Cities (RA1)” on the following website: https://bit.ly/2VRSyeB or as otherwise advised by the Department.
Targeted Skills for Small Business
The Targeted Skills for Small Business Program will deliver targeted short workshops for small business owners and employees of small businesses who want to better understand how to use the latest technology to improve their business operations. Click here to see a full range of Tech Savvy for Small Business workshops on offer at the College.
To be eligible for subsided training under this Program you must: be:
- Be an owner or employee of a small business with less than 20 employees, or
- turn over less than $2 million annually.
This funding is subsidised by the NSW State Government.