Unique Student Identifer
From 1 January 2015, all students undertaking Nationally Recognised Training in Austrlaia will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
A USI is like an account number, made up of letters and numbers. It will enable access to your training records and results, through your computer, tablet or smartphone, anywhere, any time. You’ll also be able to see, send or print out your training records when applying for a job or further training.
Each time you enrol with a new training provider, your USI will be required so that they make sure your records and results are placed into your account. You only need one USI number for all of your training – and it’s yours for life.
Create your Unique Student Identifier
1. If you do not have a USI, visit the USI website and have one form of valid ID ready. This could be your Medicare card, passport or birth certificate.
2. Once you have agreed to the terms and conditions, you’re ready to go.
3. To start, enter some personal details, including your name, address and date of birth.
4. Next, enter the details on your form of ID. This will make sure your account is unique to you.
5. To finish, set up your security questions, then choose a password for your account.
Provide us with your Unique Student Identifier
Once you have a Unique Student Identifier, you need to provide it to us. Either include your Unique Student Identifier in the space provided on the enrolment form or send it to
Set Access Controls to allow us access to your USI records
1. While logged in to your USI account, under ‘Current Permissions’ click the ‘Update’ button.
2. Click ‘Add Organisation’.
3. In ‘Search Details’, enter 90304 in the Organisation Code field and enter the Central Coast Community College in the Organisation Name field.
4. In Search Results locate Central Coast Community College, Organisation Code 90304, ABN 28 062 943 819 and click the ‘Add’ link.
5. In Permissions, select both the View details and Add details check-boxes.
6. Specify an expiry date (we recommend 5 years).
7. Click the Save button.