Have you ever thought about all the things that could go wrong when starting up a business and the associated risks that may occur? There are things you need to follow in order to comply with WHS laws such as having a first-aid kit, emergency plan, an injury and training register and so on. Gain the up to date knowledge you need through our WHS workshop!
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
We are currently accepting waitlist registrations for this course. Please see below to view full course details and to join the waitlist.
As part of this workshop, you will gain an understanding of:
- Employer and Business Obligations
- Worker or Employee Obligations
- Contractor and Labour Hire Obligations
- Business operations
- Identifying hazards
- Conducting risk assessments
- Hierarchy of risk controls
- Monitoring, reviewing and revising your risk controls
The Targeted Skills for Small Business program is a NSW Government initiative, established to deliver training for small business owners and employees of small businesses who want to better understand how to use the latest technology and gain up-to-date knowledge to improve their business operations.
Our Small Business Accelerator courses are subsidised by the NSW Government for eligible participants. You may be eligible for fully subsidised training under the Targeted Skills for Small Business program if you are:
- 15 years old or over
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW (or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person living in specific NSW border areas); and
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, New Zealand citizen, or humanitarian visa holder (or a partner visa holder whose sponsor is a humanitarian visa holder)
To be eligible for subsided training under this program you must:
- be an owner of a small business, or;
- be an employee of a small business, or;
- be an employee of a not-for-profit business
NOTE: A small business is an enterprise with less than 20 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, or less than 200 FTE employees if the enterprise's primary operation is in a regional or remote location.
- Dates will be listed here when courses are scheduled. Join the waitlist below.
- This workshop will be delivered online via Teams.
What you will need:
- Internet connectivity
- Pen and paper
Meet Your Trainer
Bernadette is a Workplace Health and Safety Consultant for small to medium enterprises, government departments, corporate to multi-national businesses.
Join Bernadette in her online workshop, where you will be guided through everything you need to know about the WHS legal requirements for your business. Bernadette will also give you simple and effective tools to help you create a safer, healthier and successful business.
As a small business owner, having an up to date knowledge of WHS requirements is essential for business success - join the waitlist now!