This course is only open and enrolment permitted for students of Frank Baxter Juvenile Justice Centre.
Frank Baxter Juvenile Justice Centre- Pacific Highway, Kariong NSW 2250
Dates: 25th of November 2020
Times: This course will run over 1 day from 8:30am – 2:30pm
Who Is This Course For
This course is for students looking to start get their Work Safely in a Construction Industry ticket.
- Work Safely in a Construction Industry
Students who graduate from this course may continue their studies by enrolling into Certificate III in Work, Health and Safety.
Students wishing to undertake this course may consider the following work roles:
Face to face delivery.
This course is being offered under the Adult and Community Education Community Services Obligation (ACE) Program. This funding has been designed to support people who experience barriers to training and employment. To determine your eligibility for the ACE Program Click here
A disadvantaged student who is one of the following:
- An aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
Disabled or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is disabled; or
- A Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient; or
- Experiencing signiﬁcant hardship as veriﬁed by a government agency, medical professional or support agency
Experiencing one of the following barriers to participation in training:
- Very low literacy, language and/or numeracy skills
- Limited employability skills
- Persistent and ongoing personal issues impacting on their education
- Signiﬁcant educational disadvantage, which impacts their ability to succeed in training
Please Note that all enrolments will be contacted regarding eligibility and will be required to provide evidence of Medicare card, Centrelink information, USI and Identification prior to the course. If you're currently enrolled into another course, you're unable to do both courses at the same time. If you have completed a qualification in a Certificate II or above, you maybe ineligible for this funding. Please contact the college prior to enroling, 4348 4300.
Students must have successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent, Certificate II), turned 16 or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate likely success in completing the course.
Click here for more information about the enrolment process.
What to Bring To Class
Please bring a pen, paper and folder to class. All other course resources will be provided for you on the day.
Units of competency
Assessments are made against units of competency.
|CPCCWHS1001||Prepare to work safely in the construction industry|