Every young person will be encouraged, guided and empowered to develop their strengths and talents. Let us help you plan your journey to step forward.
This course may be fully subsidised for eligible students under the Community Services Obligation Program (ACE). To determine your eligibility for the ACE Program Click here
Central Coast Community College Campus- Southloop Road, Ourimbah NSW 2258
Start Date: 20 July 2021
End Date: 16 September 2021
Runs: Every Tuesday , Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00am – 3:00pm
Who Is This Course For
This course is for youth looking for direction in their lives, developing social skills and setting life goals.
- Art Therapy
- Recreation Activities
This course is being offered under the Adult and Community Education Community Services Obligation (ACE) Program. This funding has been designed to support people who experience barriers to training and employment. To determine your eligibility for the ACE Program Click here
A disadvantaged student who is one of the following:
- An aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
Disabled or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is disabled; or
- A Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient; or
- Experiencing signiﬁcant hardship as veriﬁed by a government agency, medical professional or support agency
Experiencing one of the following barriers to participation in training:
- Very low literacy, language and/or numeracy skills
- Limited employability skills
- Persistent and ongoing personal issues impacting on their education
- Signiﬁcant educational disadvantage, which impacts their ability to succeed in training
At the time of enrolment you will be asked to provide ID, Medicare number, USI, proof of Benefit and CRN (where applicable). Please note that you can be asked to provide evidence to support your eligibility at any time.
If you’re NOT a Disadvantaged Student, you may be able to meet the eligibility if you’re living in a regional and remote area:
A Regional or Remote Student is a student who:
- is not a Disadvantaged Student; AND
- lives or works in a Regional or Remote Location; AND
- cannot effectively access training under a Smart and Skilled Entitlement Program or other Smart and Skilled
A Regional or Remote Location is any location that is not classified as “Major Cities (RA1)” on the following website: https://bit.ly/2VRSyeB or as otherwise advised by the Department.
Students must have successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent), turned 16 or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate likely success in completing the course.
- Students who ARE currently enrolled in High School are NOT PERMITTED to enrol into this program under any circumstances
This training supports eligible students who are not ready to undertake a Full Qualification.
Our ACE programs will help you to develop the foundational skills to undertake training in a Smart and Skilled full qualification or gain employment.
- Students who ARE CURRENTLY undertaking higher education including: Certificate II, III, IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelors Degree or higher are NOT PERMITTED to enrol in into this program.
If you have completed a full qualification recently please contact the college 02 4348 4300 prior to enrolling.
Units of Competency
|BSBCMM201||Communicate in the workplace|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITHGAM001||Provide responsible gambling services|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|FSKLRG11||Use routine strategies for work-related learning|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|CSO202034||Prepare and serve meals|
|CSO202033||Read and interpret recipes|
|CSO201902||Styled for Success|
|CSO201817||Developing Social Skills and Creative Arts|
|CSO202048||Fun with Fitness|
An Enrolment Day has been arranged prior to course commencement for Student Services staff to assess your application
Date: Tuesday 6 July 2021
Locaton: Classroom 5 - Ourimbah Campus
Student's MUST ensure that they bring the following documentary evidence to the enrolment day, so that we are able audit your eligiblity.
- Medicare Card
- ID- Drivers Licence or Proof of Age Card
- Concession - Centrelink Card
- School Leaver Documentation (if applicable)
- and CT/RPL evidence (if applicable)
Please note that students who identify as having a disability, and who are NOT currently in receipt of the Disability Support Pension (DSP)- will be required to bring along documentary evidence from a verified medical professional and/orprovider supporting and outlining this.