THIS COURSE IS ONLY FOR GIRRAKOOL PARTICIPANTS AND DOES NOT ACCEPT OUTSIDE ENROLMENTS.
Girrakool School- Frank Baxter Juvenile Justice Centre
Commences 23rd of September and runs until 18th of December 2020.
Classes will run from 8:15am until 2:30pm.
Who Is This Course For
This course is for students looking to gain the skills to re-enter the workforce.
- Basic numeracy and literacy
- Interacting with others
- Aboriginal culture and language
This course is being offered under the Adult and Community Education Community Services Obligation (CSO) Program. This funding has been designed to support people who experience barriers to training and employment. To determine your eligibility for the CSO Program Click here
A disadvantaged student who is one of the following:
- An aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
Disabled or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is disabled; or
- A Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient; or
- Experiencing signiﬁcant hardship as veriﬁed by a government agency, medical professional or support agency
Experiencing one of the following barriers to participation in training:
- Very low literacy, language and/or numeracy skills
- Limited employability skills
- Persistent and ongoing personal issues impacting on their education
- Signiﬁcant educational disadvantage, which impacts their ability to succeed in training
At the time of enrolment you will be asked to provide ID, Medicare number, USI, proof of Benefit and CRN (where applicable). Please note that you can be asked to provide evidence to support your eligibility at any time.
Students must have successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent), turned 16 or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate likely success in completing the course.
Units of Competency
|BSBCMM201||Communicate in the workplace|
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|CPCCWHS1001||Prepare to work safely in the construction industry|
|FSKNUM04||Locate, compare and use highly familiar measurements for work|
|FSKRDG04||Read and respond to basic workplace information|
|FSKWTG09||Write routine workplace texts|