Have you been dreaming of a career in the beauty industry? Our Makeup and Personal Styling course is the perfect introduction to this exciting field of work.
The Makeup and Personal Styling course is delivered on the Central Coast and will focus on the skills required to understand colour correction and to assist in determining colour choice and design relating to personal grooming. The course will also cover professional interviewing skills and how to provide salon services, such as answering phones and taking enquiries.
Our team of specialists will be there every step of the way, and the combination of classroom and practical exercises means you can graduate with the skills needed to excel in your chosen career! Students will also get to enjoy practical training in our on-site beauty salon at Central Coast Community College.
Delve into the world of make-up and personal styling by enrolling today and launch your career in the beauty industry!
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Central Coast Community College, South Loop Road, Ourimbah.
Term 2 - 2020, to be advised.
Who Is This Course For
This course is for students looking to begin their career in the beauty industry.
Face-to-face delivery with practical placement (completed on-site in our operational Student Salon).
- Hair braiding for beginners
- Design and apply makeup
- Design and apply remedial camouflage makeup
- Provide salon services to clients
Students who graduate from this course may continue their studies by enrolling in the SHB30115 Certificate III in Beauty Services.
This course is being offered under the Adult and Community Education Community Services Obligation (ACE) Program. This funding has been designed to support people who experience barriers to training and employment. To determine your eligibility for the ACE Program Click here
A disadvantaged student who is one of the following:
- An aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
Disabled or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is disabled; or
- A Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient; or
- Experiencing signiﬁcant hardship as veriﬁed by a government agency, medical professional or support agency
Experiencing one of the following barriers to participation in training:
- Very low literacy, language and/or numeracy skills
- Limited employability skills
- Persistent and ongoing personal issues impacting on their education
- Signiﬁcant educational disadvantage, which impacts their ability to succeed in training
At the time of enrolment you will be asked to provide ID, Medicare number, USI, proof of Benefit and CRN (where applicable). Please note that you can be asked to provide evidence to support your eligibility at any time.
If you’re NOT a Disadvantaged Student, you may be able to meet the eligibility if you’re living in a regional and remote area:
A Regional or Remote Student is a student who:
- is not a Disadvantaged Student; AND
- lives or works in a Regional or Remote Location; AND
- cannot effectively access training under a Smart and Skilled Entitlement Program or other Smart and Skilled
A Regional or Remote Location is any location that is not classified as “Major Cities (RA1)” on the following website: https://bit.ly/2VRSyeB or as otherwise advised by the Department.
Students must have successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent), turned 16 or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate likely success in completing the course.
- Please note that students who ARE currently enrolled in High School are NOT permitted to enrol into this program under any circumstances.
Students who ARE currently undertaking higher education including: Certificate II, III, IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelors Degree or higher are NOT permitted to enrol in into this program also.
What to Bring to Class
Please bring a pen, paper and folder to class. All other course resources will be provided for you on the day.
Units of Competency
Assessments are made against units of competency from the Certificate III in Make-Up SHB30215.
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBBMUP002||Design and apply make-up|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|CSO201718||Hair Braiding for Beginners|