Introduction to Horticulture
Are you interested in plant life, gardening, and working outdoors? Do you want to get a taste of what working in the horticulture industry is like? The Introduction to Horticulture course is the perfect stepping stone for those looking to further their training, or even just enhance their skills to take care of their home garden!
This training is funded by the NSW Government. Eligibility criteria applies.
We are currently accepting waitlist registrations for this course. Please see below to view full course details and to join the waitlist.
Through a combination of theory coursework and practical training, students will complete the following units of competency:
- AHCNSY203 - Undertake propagation activities
- AHCPGD201 - Plant trees and shrubs
- AHCWHS201 - Participate in work health and safety processes
Students must have successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent), turned 16 or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate likely success in completing the course.
- Please note that students who are currently enrolled in High School are NOT permitted to enrol into this program.
- Students who are currently undertaking higher education including: Certificate II, III, IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelors Degree or higher are NOT permitted to enrol into this program.
This training is subsidised for eligible students by the NSW Government under the ACE program. Eligibility criteria has been expanded until June 2023, allowing more people to access training opportunities with the College!
Check your eligibility via our ACE Eligibility page, or contact us on 02 4348 4300 to chat with our Student Services team.
Training for this course will be delivered face to face. Courses are available at both our Rutherford and Ourimbah campuses.
Students are required to bring gardening gloves, wear a hat, and enclosed shoes as well as appropriate outdoor clothing.
Information regarding course dates will be communicated to students who waitlist once a course is scheduled.
Further study options:
- Certificate II in Horticulture
- Certificate III in Horticulture
- Horticulture assistant
- Nursery hand
Join the waitlist for either Rutherford or Ourimbah now by clicking the relevant button below!