This course may be fully subsidised for eligible students under the ACE funding program.
This workshop looks at the skills needed to help you enter or re-enter the workforce. Gain all of your essential tickets such as: RSA, RCG, Barista White Card and Cafe Skills to help improve your chances of gaining employment.
Start your journey with Central Coast Community College and launch your career today!
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Southlake Community Services - 143 Dora Street Morisset NSW 2264
Start: 2nd of November 2020
End: 14th of December
Runs: Every Monday from 9:00am – 3:00pm
Who Is This Course For
Students who are looking to update their current skill-set and gain essential tickets for the workforce.
- Barista Skills
- Responsible Gambling Services
- Responsible Alcohol Services
- White Card
Students who graduate from this course can continue their studies by enrolling in other short courses.
Students wishing to undertake this course may consider the following work roles:
- Hospitality Worker
- Construction Worker
This course is being offered under the Adult and Community Education Community Services Obligation (ACE) Program. This funding has been designed to support people who experience barriers to training and employment. To determine your eligibility for the ACE Program Click here
A disadvantaged student who is one of the following:
- An aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
Disabled or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is disabled; or
- A Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient; or
- Experiencing signiﬁcant hardship as veriﬁed by a government agency, medical professional or support agency
Experiencing one of the following barriers to participation in training:
- Very low literacy, language and/or numeracy skills
- Limited employability skills
- Persistent and ongoing personal issues impacting on their education
- Signiﬁcant educational disadvantage, which impacts their ability to succeed in training
At the time of enrolment you will be asked to provide ID, Medicare number, USI, proof of Benefit and CRN (where applicable). Please note that you can be asked to provide evidence to support your eligibility at any time.
If you’re NOT a Disadvantaged Student, you may be able to meet the eligibility if you’re living in a regional and remote area:
A Regional or Remote Student is a student who:
- is not a Disadvantaged Student; AND
- lives or works in a Regional or Remote Location; AND
- cannot effectively access training under a Smart and Skilled Entitlement Program or other Smart and Skilled
A Regional or Remote Location is any location that is not classified as “Major Cities (RA1)” on the following website: https://bit.ly/2VRSyeB or as otherwise advised by the Department.
Students must have successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent), turned 16 or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate likely success in completing the course.
Click here for more information about the enrolment process.
- Please note that students who ARE currently enrolled in High School are NOT permitted to enrol into this program under any circumstances.
Students who ARE currently undertaking higher education including: Certificate II, III, IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelors Degree or higher are NOT permitted to enrol in into this program also.
What to Bring To Class
Please bring a pen, paper and folder to class. All other course resources will be provided for you on the day.
Students are also required to bring along 100 points of ID.
Units of Competency
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITHGAM001||Provide responsible gambling services|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|CPCCWHS1001||Prepare to work safely in the construction industry|
|CSO202002||Cafe Skills (Non-Accredited)|
Please Note that CSO202002 Cafe Skills (Non-Accredited) is a Non-Accredited Module and only a statement of attendance will be provided for this module.