THIS COURSE IS ONLY FOR SONGBIRD PARTICIPANTS AND DOES NOT ACCEPT OUTSIDE ENROLMENTS.
Learn how prepare and present a variety of sandwiches in a hospitality or catering organisation, such as cafes, kiosks, canteens and cafeteria whilst gaining the skills and knowledge required to prepare and serve a range of teas, non-espresso coffees and other non-alcoholic beverages. You will how to select ingredients and equipment and to use a range of methods to make and present drinks and sandwiches.
Songbird Services Office- 1B Hartley Drive, Thornton NSW 2322
Start date: 12th of October 2020
End date: 30th of November 2020
Runs: Every Monday from 9:30am – 2:30pm
Who Is This Course For
This course is for students looking to gain the skills for work in the Hospitality industry.
- Prepare and present sandwiches
- Food safety
- Prepare beverages
Students who graduate from this course may continue their studies by enrolling into a Certificate III in Hospitality.
This course is being offered under the Adult and Community Education Community Services Obligation (ACE) Program. This funding has been designed to support people who experience barriers to training and employment. To determine your eligibility for the ACE Program Click here
A disadvantaged student who is one of the following:
- An aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
Disabled or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is disabled; or
- A Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient; or
- Experiencing signiﬁcant hardship as veriﬁed by a government agency, medical professional or support agency
Experiencing one of the following barriers to participation in training:
- Very low literacy, language and/or numeracy skills
- Limited employability skills
- Persistent and ongoing personal issues impacting on their education
- Signiﬁcant educational disadvantage, which impacts their ability to succeed in training
At the time of enrolment you will be asked to provide ID, Medicare number, USI, proof of Benefit and CRN (where applicable). Please note that you can be asked to provide evidence to support your eligibility at any time.
Students must have successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent), turned 16 or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate likely success in completing the course.
Units of Competency
|SITHCCC003||Prepare and present sandwiches|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages|
Non- Accredited Units