Learn effective communication skills to effectively interact with colleagues and customers within a retail environment.
Start your journey with Central Coast Community College and launch your retail career today!
This course may be fully subsidised for eligible students under the ACE funding program.
Got Your Back Sista Offices – 15 Elizabeth Street, Tighes Hill NSW 2297
Start date: 11th of August 2020
End date: 8th of September 2020
Class runs Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 9:30am – 2:30pm
Who Is This Course For
Students who are looking to start a career in retail.
- Customer engagement
- Work effectively in a team
- Advise on products
Students who graduate from this course can continue their studies by enrolling into SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail
Students wishing to undertake this course may consider the following work roles:
- Retail worker
This course is being offered under the Adult and Community Education Community Services Obligation (ACE) Program. This funding has been designed to support people who experience barriers to training and employment. To determine your eligibility for the ACE Program Click here
A disadvantaged student who is one of the following:
- An aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
Disabled or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is disabled; or
- A Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient; or
- Experiencing signiﬁcant hardship as veriﬁed by a government agency, medical professional or support agency
Experiencing one of the following barriers to participation in training:
- Very low literacy, language and/or numeracy skills
- Limited employability skills
- Persistent and ongoing personal issues impacting on their education
- Signiﬁcant educational disadvantage, which impacts their ability to succeed in training
At the time of enrolment you will be asked to provide ID, Medicare number, USI, proof of Benefit and CRN (where applicable). Please note that you can be asked to provide evidence to support your eligibility at any time.
If you’re NOT a Disadvantaged Student, you may be able to meet the eligibility if you’re living in a regional and remote area:
A Regional or Remote Student is a student who:
- is not a Disadvantaged Student; AND
- lives or works in a Regional or Remote Location; AND
- cannot effectively access training under a Smart and Skilled Entitlement Program or other Smart and Skilled
A Regional or Remote Location is any location that is not classified as “Major Cities (RA1)” on the following website: https://bit.ly/2VRSyeB or as otherwise advised by the Department.
Students must have successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent), turned 16 or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate likely success in completing the course.
Click here for more information about the enrolment process.
- Please note that students who ARE currently enrolled in High School are NOT permitted to enrol into this program under any circumstances.
Students who ARE currently undertaking higher education including: Certificate II, III, IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelors Degree or higher are NOT permitted to enrol in into this program also.
What to Bring To Class
Please bring a pen, paper and folder to class. All other course resources will be provided for you on the day.
Units of Competency
Assessments are made against units of competency.
|SIRXPDK001||Advise on products and services|
|SIRXIND001||Work effectively in a service environment|
|SIRXCOM001||Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes|
|SIRXCEG001||Engage the customer|