THIS COURSE IS ONLY FOR YOUTH CONNECTIONS PARTICIPANTS AND DOES NOT ACCEPT OUTSIDE ENROLMENTS.
This workshop helps you improve your literacy skills needed to help you enter the workforce. The course will cover areas such as, literacy and numeracy skills as well as employability skills. These skills are fundamental to participation in the workforce, the community and in adult education and training.
Youth Connections Kariong- 1 Kangoo Road, Kariong NSW 2250
Start Date: 14th of October
End Date: 16th of December
Runs: Every Wednesday from 9:00am – 3:00pm
Who Is This Course For
This course is for students looking to build their literacy skills for work.
- Work with others in the workplace
- Produce personal productivity
- Use the internet safely
- Communicate in the workplace
This course is being offered under the Adult and Community Education Community Services Obligation (ACE) Program. This funding has been designed to support people who experience barriers to training and employment. To determine your eligibility for the ACE Program Click here
A disadvantaged student who is one of the following:
- An aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
Disabled or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is disabled; or
- A Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient; or
- Experiencing signiﬁcant hardship as veriﬁed by a government agency, medical professional or support agency
Experiencing one of the following barriers to participation in training:
- Very low literacy, language and/or numeracy skills
- Limited employability skills
- Persistent and ongoing personal issues impacting on their education
- Signiﬁcant educational disadvantage, which impacts their ability to succeed in training
At the time of enrolment you will be asked to provide ID, Medicare number, USI, proof of Benefit and CRN (where applicable). Please note that you can be asked to provide evidence to support your eligibility at any time.
If you’re NOT a Disadvantaged Student, you may be able to meet the eligibility if you’re living in a regional and remote area:
A Regional or Remote Student is a student who:
- is not a Disadvantaged Student; AND
- lives or works in a Regional or Remote Location; AND
- cannot effectively access training under a Smart and Skilled Entitlement Program or other Smart and Skilled
A Regional or Remote Location is any location that is not classified as “Major Cities (RA1)” on the following website: https://bit.ly/2VRSyeB or as otherwise advised by the Department.
Students must have successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent), turned 16 or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate likely success in completing the course.
Click here for more information about the enrolment process.
- Please note that students who ARE currently enrolled in High School are NOT permitted to enrol into this program under any circumstances.
Students who ARE currently undertaking higher education including: Certificate II, III, IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelors Degree or higher are NOT permitted to enrol in into this program also
Units of Competency
|BSBCMM201||Communicate in the workplace|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|ICTICT103||Use, communicate and search securely on the internet|
|ICTICT107||Use personal productivity tools|