BSB20120 - Certificate II in Workplace Skills
Are you looking to learn the foundation skills you need for an administrative career? Or have you previously worked in a business services environment but want to brush up on your office administration skills? Take on our Certificate II in Workplace Skills course to gain the knowledge and skills you need for a successful administrative career!
This training is funded by the NSW Government. Eligibility criteria applies.
We are currently accepting waitlist registrations for this course. Please see below to view full course details and to join the waitlist.
As part of this course, students will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Operating word processing applications
- Maintaining information systems
- Organising self
- Handling mail
- Keyboard skills
- Electronic communication
Through a combination of theory coursework and practical training, students will complete the following units of competency:
- BSBTEC202 - Use digital technologies to communicate in a work environment
- BSBSUS211 - Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTEC201 - Use business software applications
- BSBCMM211 - Apply communication skills
- BSBOPS201 - Work effectively in business environments
- BSBPEF202 - Plan and apply time management
- BSBWHS211 - Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
- BSBCRT201 - Develop and apply thinking and problem solving skills
- BSBOPS202 - Engage with customers
- BSBOPS203 - Deliver a service to customers
This course is designed for those looking to gain entry level skills and experience in the business services field. To be eligible for this training under the NSW Government's Smart and Skilled program, you must be:
- 15 years or older at the time of enrolment
- not currently enrolled in school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, Humanitarian Visa holder, or New Zealand citizen.
Confirm your eligibility for Smart and Skilled training via the eligibility checker.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Eligibility criteria applies.
If you are not eligible for a fully funded placement, course fees are as follows:
- First Qualification - $880
- Second Qualification - $1,050
- Concession - $160
A student who falls into one of the below categories will qualify for fee-free training:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- person with a disability
- dependant child, spouse or partner of a recipient of a Disability Support Pension
- Refugee or Asylum Seeker (and eligible partners) – for training up to and including Certificate IV
- recipient of a Fee-Free Scholarship – for training up to and including Certificate IV
Under the Skilling for Recovery Initiative, students who meet the eligibility criteria will also be eligible for fee-free training. For more information on eligibility for fee-free training, please refer to page 30 of the Smart and Skilled Fee Administration Policy.
This course is valued at $3,360 for students who are ineligible for government funding.
Training for this course will be delivered through a combination of face to face and online learning.
Information regarding course dates will be communicated to students who waitlist once a course is scheduled.
Further study options:
- Certificate III Business Administration
- Certificate III Business
- Administration Assistant
- Clerical Worker
- Data Entry Operator
- Information Desk Clerk
Join the waitlist now by clicking the button below!