SIT20322 - Certificate II in Hospitality
Whether you're interested in working in a cafe or bar, or are looking to expand your experience in food handling and preparation, a Certificate II in Hospitality will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need for a career in the hospitality industry!
This training is funded by the NSW Government. Eligibility criteria applies.
We are currently accepting waitlist registrations for this course. Please see below to view full course details and to join the waitlist.
As part of this course, students will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Hygiene and Safe Work Practises
- Customer Service
- Preparing Food
- Safe Handling and Maintenance of Food
Students will complete the following units of competency:
- BSBTWK201 - Work effectively with others
- SITHIND006 - Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND007 - Use hospitality skills effectively
- SITXCCS003 - Interact with customers
- SITXCOM007 - Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXWHS005 - Participate in safe work practices
- SITXFSA005 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
- SITHKOP009 - Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHFAB025 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHCCC024 - Prepare and present simple dishes
- SITHCCC025 - Prepare and present sandwiches
To be eligible for this training under the NSW Government's Smart and Skilled program, you must be:
- 15 years or older at the time of enrolment
- not currently enrolled in school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, Humanitarian Visa holder, or New Zealand citizen.
Confirm your eligibility for Smart and Skilled training via the eligibility checker.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Eligibility criteria applies.
If you are not eligible for a fully funded placement, course fees are as follows:
- First Qualification - $880
- Second Qualification - $1,050
- Concession - $160
A student who falls into one of the below categories will qualify for fee-free training:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- person with a disability
- dependant child, spouse or partner of a recipient of a Disability Support Pension
- Refugee or Asylum Seeker (and eligible partners) – for training up to and including Certificate IV
- recipient of a Fee-Free Scholarship – for training up to and including Certificate IV
Under the Skilling for Recovery Initiative, students who meet the eligibility criteria will also be eligible for fee-free training. For more information on eligibility for fee-free training, please refer to page 30 of the Smart and Skilled Fee Administration Policy.
This course is valued at $2,940 for students who are ineligible for government funding.
Training for this course will be delivered face to face at our Ourimbah campus.
Training will be delivered 1 day per week over 21 weeks, or 2 days per week over 10 weeks.
Courses are available from January 2024. Please register your interest below.
Further study options:
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
- Kitchen hand
- Front of house hospitality worker
Join the waitlist now by clicking the button below!