The ACE Program is funded by the NSW Government to assist learners who need extra support or assistance with their education. To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
You may be eligible for ACE funding if you are:
- 15 years old or over, and
- no longer at school, and
- living or working in NSW (or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person living in specific NSW border areas), and
- an Australian citizen; or a permanent Australian resident; or a New Zealand citizen; or a humanitarian visa holder or a partner visa holder whose sponsor is a humanitarian visa holder.
CSE COVID Funding
If affected by NSW COVID-19 lockdowns, you may be able to access ACE funding if you can demonstrate that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Resides in an address that has been impacted by a COVID lockdown; or
- Are receiving government COVID support payments; or
- Have lost employment as a result of COVID; or
- Continues to experience significant hardship due to a past lockdown (since July 2021); or
- Are needing to transition to another industry as a result of COVID; or
- Are experiencing challenges due to dealing with outcomes of COVID lockdowns.
Disadvantaged Students with Barriers to Access
You may qualify for ACE funding if you are a disadvantaged student who is one of the following:
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
- Have a disability or be a dependent child, spouse or partner of a person with a disability; or
- Be a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient or have a dependent child, spouse or partner who is a Commonwealth Government Welfare Recipient; or
- Be experiencing signiﬁcant hardship as veriﬁed by a government agency, medical professional or relevant support agency; or
- Someone who has English as an additional language and who is unable to effectively participate in the community or in employment.
Be experiencing one of the following barriers to participation in training:
- Very low literacy, language and/or numeracy skills
- Limited employability skills where you require considerable additional support
- Persistent and ongoing personal issues impacting on your educational achievement
- Signiﬁcant educational disadvantage that impacts your ability to succeed in training
At the time of enrolment you will be asked to provide ID, Medicare number, USI, proof of Benefit, Proof of Visa Type (if applicable) and CRN (where applicable). Please note that you can be asked to provide evidence to support your eligibility at any time.
Regional & Remote Students
You may qualify for ACE funding if you are NOT a disadvantaged student, but you live or work in a Regional or Remote location:
- A Regional or Remote Location is any location that is not classified as “Major Cities (RA1)” on the following website: https://bit.ly/2VRSyeB or as advised otherwise by the Department.